October 13, 2009
All ODE-sponsored events are listed in STARS v2.0. To register for an event in STARS v2.0, you must establish a SAFE account (see instructions below). If you already have a SAFE account, go to the SAFE Sign-In at the top of any ODE Web page.
How do I find and register for an event in STARS?
- EVENT SEARCH:
Log into STARS.
- Click on the Event Search link in the STARS dashboard.
- Choose the criteria for an event - only one field needs to be completed to do an event search. Hint - A partial name in Event Name may work better than the full name. For example, type demo instead of demonstration. To help find events that interest you, use Improvement Area and Improvement Focus. Once you have selected an event, click Search.
- Look through the events and click one that might interest you. The event will be highlighted and the text will be bold.
- Click on Register for Selected Event. If you are looking for information only about the event, select Edit/View Event.
- An empty check box indicates that session choices are available. Check the session you want to attend.
- Verify the information and select the appropriate session(s) at the bottom of the page, then click Register.
- To review your selection and confirm your request to register, click Yes. (Hint – if you do not click Yes, you are not registered.)
- The confirmation page will indicate that you are registered or on a waiting list.
- You will receive an e-mail from STARS to confirm your registration and the event will be displayed on your STARS Dashboard under My Current Events.
- If you are on a waiting list, you will receive an e-mail from STARS, but no event will appear under My Current Events.