Intent to Participate Form
Signed-Returned to Counselors by March 30
- Students and their parents must be notified of the Post Secondary Enrollment Option no later than March 1st of each year.
- Students and parents must indicate an interest in participating in this program prior to March 30th of each year. Failure to do so will make them ineligible to participate without the permission of the Superintendent.
- Students must meet the eligibility requirements at the particular college to which they apply.
-A five semester hour college course will be awarded one high school credit. Fractional credit will be awarded as follows:
|Credit (High School)||Semester hours (College)|
-Option A: parents are required to pay all financial obligations
-Option B: tuition, fees, books and materials will be paid for through the Norwalk City Schools’ state foundation money.
-If a student drops out of the college class(es) or receives a failing grade, the student and parent will be required to pay the district the money that the school lost through the state foundation.
- Pre-approval of course selections by an administrator is required to be sure that graduation requirements are met.
- Scheduling conflicts are not the responsibility of Norwalk High School.
Consequences of Failing
- Failing grades will be figured into the grade point average the same as all other grades.
- The student and parent are required to pay for any college course in which the student receives a failing grade.
- No high school requirements can be waived for any student who participates in PSEO.
- A student who is enrolled in a college course which has not been completed at the time of graduation ceremonies, provided he/she is passing the college course and all other state and local requirements have been met, may participate in graduation ceremonies.
Academic and Social Responsibilities of the Student
- The student must be accepted by the college, meeting all of their requirements for admission.
- The student must continue to meet all requirements for both Norwalk High School as well as the college.